Easter is just around the corner, and the long weekend is a great opportunity to take a well-earned break, relax and catch up with family and friends. Make the most of your long weekend and have fun this Easter! I guarantee that these activities will provide a lot of entertainment for your family and holiday. So, hop to it.
1. Visit the Royal Easter Show
The Royal Easter Show is an annual event held in Sydney full of entertainment & adventure. Attracting over 800,000 visitors each year, held over a period of two weeks, and features a range of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages.
Originally, it was an opportunity for farmers to showcase their livestock and agricultural produce, but over the years it has evolved, featuring carnival rides, games, showbags, and a range of exhibitions and demonstrations. Get your tickets today from Ticketmaster here. Buy early to save. Early Bird Tickets will be sold exclusively online from 9 February until midnight 5 April.
With so much to see and do, the 2023 Sydney Royal Easter Show is the perfect day out for everyone!
2. Organise a family Easter brunch or picnic.
Organising a family Easter brunch or picnic can be a fun and enjoyable way to spend time with loved ones during the Easter holiday. Here are some steps to help you plan a successful Easter brunch or picnic:
- Choose a date and location: Pick a date and time that works for everyone and choose a location that is convenient for all guests. For a picnic, maybe a park with picnic tables or open grassy areas for the kids to play and run around. For a brunch, choose a restaurant or cafe or even your home if there’s enough space for everyone.
- Plan the menu: Plan a menu that includes Easter-themed dishes such as hot cross buns, deviled eggs, ham, quiches, salads, and fresh fruit. If you want to make it super easy but still delicious, take the stress out by ordering pizzas to be delivered if you’re at a park, there will be less hassle and less clean-up! Pizza Hut has some great pizza coupons available here.
- Set the table: For brunch, set the table with Easter-themed decorations such as floral centerpieces, pastel-coloured tablecloths, and Easter-themed napkins.
- Enjoy the day: Once everything is set up and ready to go, relax and enjoy spending time with your family. Take time to appreciate the beautiful scenery and create fun memories with your family and friends.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the time you spend with your loved ones during the Easter holiday. Happy planning!
3. Visit a Zoo.
Most find the task of going to the zoo rather long and tiring. But if you look from a child’s perspective, who has never or rarely seen a live animal before, this long and tiring trip will be worth every second. Nothing excites children like watching animals at a zoo.
Zoos are fun for the whole family, and Australia is home to some of the best exhibits. Whether you want to see koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, or something else, zoos have it all.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney is one of Australia’s best zoos. Here you’ll have a chance to see chimpanzees, African lions, sun bears, red kangaroos, tree kangaroos, gorillas, Asian elephants, and more. Open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Get to this park early to enjoy the presentations that spark your interest. The best season to visit the park is August to early November since it won’t be too hot or cold. This is a big zoo that is spread out over 69 acres, so make sure you bring your walking shoes. Get your discount coupon tickets here, and pay only $69 for your entry & ferry ride.
- Visit the home of the crocodile hunter when you go to the Australia Zoo. Kids discount coupon tickets can be purchased here for only $41.95. At Australia Zoo you’ll enjoy wild native animals and peaceful surroundings. There are also a lot of interactive animal exhibits, like roo heaven. Along with the encounters, there are plenty of animal shows. The entertaining shows occur throughout the day and highlight koalas, crocodiles, birds, tortoises, and more. There’s also the famous crocodile show that takes place during lunchtime! Since there are so many animal encounters and presentations, plan on spending at least 6 hours to get the full experience.
- Experience the wildlife adventure of a lifetime at the Melbourne Zoo. There are over 250 animal species and over 72,000 species of plants. You can stroll through gorgeous rainforests while watching tigers, monkeys, and more. The Melbourne Zoo is the zoo to visit if you want an up-close animal encounter. Animal encounters have a separate fee, varying depending on the exhibit, but they are well worth it.
4. Experience a Themepark.
Heads up thrill-seekers, our Aussie backyard is jam-packed with action packed entertainment & adventure to make your Easter holiday extra fun. Get your heart racing, and don’t miss out on the excitement at these adrenaline-pumping theme parks in Australia:
Dreamworld – Gold Coast
Tick this off your bucket list and get your discount coupon tickets today, and pay only $105 for a one day pass special. Spend an action-packed day at the top theme park in Australia. Considered the biggest theme park in the Gold Coast, Dreamworld features more than forty rides, including five rollercoasters, family-friendly attractions, and even a tiger sanctuary where you can meet, feed, and make friends with the cubs.
Big Banana Fun Park – Coffs Harbour
The Big Banana is Australia’s original and most iconic Big Thing. No trip along the Coffs Coast is complete without a stop! If you hate the crowds, but love the thrill? Head over to Coffs Harbour, where the Big Banana stands. Filled with banana-themed attractions and water adventures, this underrated NSW theme park features a laser tag arena, ice skating rink, mini-golf courses, 4D theatres, toboggan, giant waterslides, and a whole bunch of fun so you never get bored!
Sea World – Gold Coast
The Gold Coast’s most conveniently placed theme park, Sea World is a paradise of sea creatures and amusement rides. You might want to book an unforgettable family holiday at Australia’s only theme park resort. Offering the perfect combination of fun, entertainment & adventure, and relaxation, guaranteed to keep the whole family happy.
Sea Life – Melbourne
As you journey through the aquarium, you’ll get up close to playful penguins, huge sharks, massive sawfish, majestic stingrays, beautiful seahorses, thousands of tropical fish and much, much more! With interactive animal encounters, iconic state-of-the-art displays, animal feeds and diver presentations, Sea Life Melbourne is an entertaining, educational and engaging experience for the whole family. Entry from only $42.30 when you purchase your discount coupon tickets here.
As Easter long weekend is the start of the school holidays, and if you have kids, we know that normally leaves you racking your brain trying to think of activities to keep them entertained. Shopa Docket is here to help. Save money with coupons and offers jam-packed of entertainment & adventure for the whole family.